I’m so glad I came across to this article that shows the growth of this new working arrangement. In here, Aaron De Smet and Laura M. Giurge provide insights on how having a non-linear schedule can boost productivity and fulfillment: https://lnkd.in/gJDT2cPR
Non-Linear Workdays are basically letting employees organize their workday in a way that suits them best.
As the experts explain:
- It’s focused on OUTCOMES instead of time and effort.
- It boosts PRODUCTIVITY as it allows people to work in smaller creative sessions when they are at their best.
- It can help prevent BURNOUT, as it redresses the balance between asynchronous work and overwork.
For me, they are an excellent practice that tackles engagement as it:
- Provides FLEXIBILITY, the number 1 workers request after the pandemic.
- Boosts MEANINGFULNESS at work and outside work, as individuals can better balance their life priorities.
- Increases WELLBEING as it enables the possibility of taking care of yourself when you need it.
The question is then: are organizations ready? The answer probably lies in the mindset shift leadership needs to embrace to guarantee trust and at the same time guidance to implement such a different way of work.